Friday, April 15, 2011

journaling for you

my journal cover

Most every crafter I know struggles with journaling.  It isn't always easy to express our thoughts in words - especially if we aren't a "word oriented person."  I use my camera and my paper crafting to express my feelings.  When I was younger if I was having a rough time, I would take my camera and get lost for a couple of hours just shooting and taking a break from reality.

Now, as a busy mom, I can't just step away and get lost.  I have three little people that need my undivided attention.  (Even as I right this, I have a one year old in my lap asking for a juice.)  I am now nearing the end of the second week of Soul Restoration and if I have learned anything, it is to journal.  I must say, that even taking a few minutes each evening to jot down my thoughts - good or bad - helps me.  One of the great things about journaling is that it is for you and it's virtually free.  You can even art journal like I have been doing and include some painting, decoupage, collage, etc. to help you relax a little. 

Let's face it - stressed out mommy makes for an unhappy family.  There's a reason we see "When Momma aint happy, aint nobody happy" emblazoned on signs in crafty little boutiques.  It's the truth.  So, take some time, grab a notebook, and get going.  You are working toward a better you and you'll be surprised to find out how great you really are!

a collaged journal page


1 comment:

  1. Geez, even your journals are prettier than mine! When am I ever going to beat you out on something....? :)

    ReplyDelete