Friday, July 9, 2010

Drum Roll Please....

As many of you know, it is the time of year (in Atlanta at least), when scrapbookers extraordinaire get together to make fabulous projects, shop, learn, and try out new products at Scrapbook Expo!  This year will be different for me in that I am going solo.  Yes, my usual group has plans that range from having a baby to a vacation house on the beach.  All good reasons to skip out, but thankfully, there are no reasons for me!  I think this experience will be a great way to unwind and make new friends!

This year's agenda is as follows:

Friday
  • Noon - get all worked up about the Expo and try to calm down enough to pack a "small" bag for class!
  • 5:00 pm - de-stress with a lovely date with my beau - seeing Eclipse...again!  :)
  • 10:00 pm - pick up munchkins from sitter and wrestle them into bed.
  • 10:30 pm - repack scrap bag and fret over which type of bag should be brought and determine if I really need every color ink I have available.
  • 11:00 pm - reassure beau that I will not drain the checking account tomorrow on scrapbooking supplies - even if they are new and shiny!
  • 11:30 pm - jump into bed in anticipation of Saturday's fun!
  • Midnight - toss and turn because I am way too excited to sleep.
  • 1:00 am - finally nod off, but still alert enough to catch the 6:30 alarm
Saturday
  • 6:30 am - hit the snooze button - ugh!
  • 6:38 am - what is that noise??? 
  • 6:46 am - just one more snooze I swear.
  • 6:54 am - OMG!  Get out of bed in a rush, shower, and run out the door for the drive to Atlanta.
  • 7:08 am - run back inside for scrapbook bag!
  • 8:40 am - arrive at Expo, register, find class and get organized - wishing for a Starbucks right now (should have gotten up at the first alarm).
  • 8:46 am - searching for nearest Coke machine and digging for change - must have caffeine!
  • 9:00 am - class begins!  Kioshi Triple Double - Basic Grey
  • 10:30 am - shop, shop, shop!
  • 11:25 am - scarfing down $8 hot dog and running to class
  • 11:30 am - Artist Trading Cards by Creatively Green - trying something new and a little outside of the box
  • 1:00 pm - half hour break to go potty and catch that make and take I was drooling over
  • 1:30 pm - Capella Triple Double class - love me some Basic Grey!
  • 3:00 pm - two glorious hours to shop and try out new products (bliss!)
  • 5:00 pm - begrudgingly leave the glory behind for a long drive back to reality.
  • 5:15 pm - jam out shamelessly to some classic rock.
  • 5:45 pm - stop for a Big Mac and fries.
  • 7:45 pm - show beau my treasures and listen to his account of his crazy day of wrangling three kids.
 Success!  Let's hope it all works out and that I actually get up on the first alarm so I can get a Grande Chai Cream Frappuccino.  Yummm!


p.s.  if you are there - look for me - I'll be the one with the perma-grin on my face dragging around the "too big" scrapbook bag!  :)

1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous! I can't wait for Europe to get on the expo wagon. We should organize the first French expo together!
    And tell your beau that if he can buy video games, then....this is for posterity even!

    ReplyDelete