Thursday, June 3, 2010

Just Do It!


Stella, Connor, and Kristjan on our way to the beach

Have you heard of Mom's Night Out?  My local church hosts a mother's evening out with snacks and activities for the little ones, but a national night out?  Woohoo!  I had no idea until I came across a posting at 5 Minutes for Mom who linked me to MNO.  Many moms have already had their parties for this year, but some of us missed it, so lets do it again!  On May 6th, moms across America got out of the house...without kids...and enjoyed themselves! 

I know for many of us, getting out of the house without kids in tow is a big deal and sometimes we leave and are just dumbstruck because we have no idea what to do.  Sometimes it's just nice to grocery shop without little fingers grabbing at the candy on hang tags or yelling about fruit snacks.  But, this Sunday - I pledge do something fun - FOR ME!

Plans are already in motion for a fun-filled night of BINGO at the club on base.  I love to see all the lol's (little old ladies) with their tchotchke's all in a row, taping together all their bingo cards, while sucking down a coffee.  I admit, I am not an avid bingoer and I often have to ask irritating questions like, "Which one is this?  Is this the one with the corners or not?"  But, my bestie understands, giggles, and always helps me out.  You see, I'm her good luck charm.  I don't win, she wins, but that's besides the point.  For $40, I get three hours of peace and quiet, get to accidentally dobber my fingers, eat the best french fries in town, and laugh with my friend (all kid free)!  

Moms, if you're out there - make plans.  Do something for yourself and don't feel bad about it.  The laundry will wait until you get back.  Dads, watch your kiddos with a happy heart and tell Mom not to worry - you'll do the laundry!

Plus, when all is said and done, I can use these really cute Jenni Bowlin Bingo cards and make a project!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging! I found you through Toulouse Confessions. Great project with the chairs. I wish I was that crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree with you. Family and work are just not enough. Mothers need social life... We need activities to share with people with similar interests, without being looking after anyone or cleaning other little criatures mess, hehe.

    ReplyDelete